Feeling extra inverted
This week marks our 16th annual LincCon event, and man... I should be WAY MORER excited than I feel right now. Maybe I'm just not cut out for this stuff? Three years ago, I had this hilarious interview on Newschannel 12 WJFW about LincCon the 13th. They had this one question: "What's your favorite part about this event." and I said without hesitation... "When it's over." Which at the time, I knew what I meant. I was really thinking about when it's finished and I can reflect on what went well, what we can work on for next year, and all that jazz... But really, for whatever reason, this year. I just can't wait until it's over OVER.
WELCOME BACK TO THE WACKY MUSIC WEDNESDAY BTW!!
I'm like a bundle of carrots this week, what can I say. I mean, carrots are disgusting. Easily my least favorite vegetable. And some people think they're sweet? Cherries are sweet. Candy is sweet. Carrots taste like the ballsweat of a middle aged pro wrestler that hasn't washed his tights in nearly a decade. (Don't ask)
So, let's steer this conversation into another direction shall we? Strobe Lights is a great synth tune about feeling burnout from overwork culture. Friends working too many hours, swinging multiple jobs or just keeping so busy that they can't sit for a second and just reflect on the state of things. The state of our own minds can be a scary place, but hey- It's where we exist, so why not face the music?
I'm guilty of pushing myself to be so busy that I hardly have a moment to just exist or sort my feelings. All these feelings of being overwhelmed come at the worst time too, because I'm genuinely excited for this year's LincCon. Our little baby convention is old enough to drive! <3
Damn, can't wait 'till it's over.
~ joshua
Comments
Post a Comment