Into the Nowhere!

 


They walk among us! Aliens, and I want to listen to music that shares the same thoughts!! Welcome to this week's Wackiest of Wednesdays!  You hear that sound? Oh no?!  Well, then hit the play button on that little box below and let's GO INTO THE NOWHERE!!  TOGETHER!!

Into the Nowhere - by Agent Steel

I crossed paths with Agent Steel for the first time around the year 2000 of our glorious lord. I was fingering through the CD's at one saucy WeeBee CDs. I grabbed this along with some other cool albums and took the long drive home. I believe I popped this album in straight away into the CD player. Man, I loved this record!

Agent Steel has been a long respected power/speed metal act that could stand toe to toe with plenty of amazing acts. Similar in style to Gamma Ray or even Judas Priest, the band was formed in 1984. But man, in 2000, I had no idea about any of that! I just loved this album!  Omega Conspiracy was my anthem for weeks at a time. I was hooked on this album!


Now here's the weird kicker. The album is kind of not-really Agent Steel. I mean, it IS AGENT STEEL, but apparently the two guitarists recorded the album, produced it, and sold it without the original creator John Cyriis. Cyriis, along with Juan Garcia, Bernie Versailles, Chuck Profus, and Michael Zaputil, created the band as a group. When Cyriis left the band, the rest of the group added a new lead singer Bruce Hall. (Who you may be listening to right now)

So now, the ultimate irony, Cyriis is once again the NEW LEAD SINGER, and surviving member of the band. He's gathered an entire new band around him and is carrying on the Agent Steel name!  So basically, Cyriis is saying, if he wasn't the lead singer, it's like it didn't happen.

So what does Agent Steel sound like today?

Crypts of Galactic Damnation - Agent Steel
Yeah, it's really tinny. Is that an accurate way to describe this new sound? Jeesh, 2021? For what it's worth, the lead singer sounds pretty similar. So what the hell John? Let's just collect it all together and build Agent Steels discography right?  Ok, There's your lesson on classic power metal!  I'll see you back here next week for more Wacky Music Fuin!!

JASHY OUT!!

Comments

Popular Posts