Hail the tiny desk!
Oh man, I hate Napalm Death. I remember one day when I was a young dope trying to find music that connected with me. I heard some early Amorphis and I loved it. The growling lead vocals and symphonic interludes convinced me that I was into death metal. Then I went to our local CD swap shop called 'Wee-Bee CD's' and the dude showed me a few great death metal bands. (or what he considered good) and one of them was Napalm Death.
I picked out 'Scum', ND's debut from 1987 and when I popped it into the car stereo for the drive home I was immediately struck with buyers remorse. There's like 25 songs on this thing, and most are just a minute long with the same washed over riffs and screams. One track is one second long, and they actually say it's the "shortest metal song ever" It's fucking stupid, and I hated it. Oh well...
Napalm Death in 2026 recently joined NPR's Tiny Desk Concert. I thought this was pretty crazy for such an aggressive act to be featured on NPR, but low and behold here they are! And guess what!? This is pretty cool! The Tiny Desk series is usually really fun and a great watch for any type of musical interests you might have!
I watched it all, makes me wonder if seeing Napalm Death would be good live. And heck, maybe they'd play that one cool song I liked from the Mortal Kombat movie! :) ...speaking of that song...
Comments
Post a Comment